Associate of Theology Degree (A.Th.)
The Associate of Theology degree is an 81-credit program designed to equip Christian leaders and Ministers. It is a two year degree building on core Bible classes, core doctrinal classes and elective courses designed to lay a strong Christian foundation and equip the leader for ministry. The objective of this program is to equip each students through a thorough understanding of the Bible to serve God and His church.
For a detailed description of classes please consult the course catalog.
Core Doctrinal Classes: (10 credits total for completion)
- Introduction to Hermeneutics (3 credits)
- Introduction to Theology (3 credits)
- Introduction to Missiology (2 credits)
- Introduction to Apologetics (2 credits)
As a complement to our study of God’s Word, CCBC Seattle offers core doctrinal classes’ essential in the understanding of emerging Christian leaders. Each class will give a broad introduction to the topic of study emphasized, as well as a brief look at the current events surrounding these topics, a foundation of the terms used in each topic, and training in the tools needed for further study.
Bible Survey as taught by Pastor Chuck Smith: (12 credits total for completion)
- New Testament I (3 credits)
- New Testament II (3 credits)
- Old Testament I (3 credits)
- Old Testament II (3 credits)
A distinctive of all the Calvary Chapel Bible College Campuses is the Through the Bible classes with Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa (‘Chuck Tracks’). God used Pastor Chuck to start the Calvary Chapel movement over 40 years ago and Chuck Tracks offer the opportunity to examine the wealth of study of Pastor Chuck as he goes verse-by-verse, book-by-book, through the entire Bible.
General Studies: (33 credits total for completion)
- PNW Pastors Conference (1 credit first fall semester)
- Public Devotional Speaking (1 credit each semester)
- Practical Christian Service (2 credits each semester)
- Discipleship (2 credits each semester)
- Missions Week (1 credit each year)
- Koinonia (1 credit each semester)
- Electives (6 credits)*
Rounding out your Certificate of Biblical Studies are preparatory classes aimed at strengthening the head and the heart. From learning common skills of writing, reading and speaking to deepening your heart for service, these classes will be some of the most loved and challenging of the program.
* Electives vary by semester; contact the CCBC office or the Dean of Academics for specific semester offerings.
Associate of Theology semester breakdown:
|Semester 1 – Fall||Semester 2 – Spring|
|PNW Pastors Conference (1 credit)||Gospel (3 credits)|
|Genesis (3 credits)||Revelation (3 credits)|
|Romans (3 credits)||Introduction to Theology (3 credits)|
|Introduction to Hermeneutics (3 credits)||Additional Bible Book (3 credits)|
|NT Survey I (3 credits)||NT Survey II (3 credits)|
|Practical Christian Ministry (2 credits)||Practical Christian Ministry (2 credits)|
|Public Devotional Speaking (1 credit)||Public Devotional Speaking (1 credit)|
|Discipleship (2 credits)||Discipleship (2 credits)|
|Koinonia (1 credit)||Koinonia (1 credit)|
|Missions Week (1 credit)|
|19 credits total|